My new wind speed sensor
The completed assembly.
|The central steel shaft with reed
and one of the two ball bearings.
- At the bottom a reed contact with cable
is fastened to the shaft with schrim plastic and
- Above it a ball bearing that fits the diameter of
the steel shaft.
- Above the baal bearing a plastic tube as spacer.
- Above the plastic tube the second ball bearing
should have been.
- The steel shaft is covered by plastic tube within
block to protect it against corrosion. The screw
shaft locked in position.
|Detail of bottom of "fan"
- The hollow aluminum shaft is made of a scrapped
It fits snugly over the two ball bearings after
having been widened slightly on the inside with a
- On the outside of the bottom end of the shaft a
strong magnet is glued with a glue gun.
The magned is taken from a scrapped aquarium
- The threaded rods are fastened to the shaft with
two brass rings made from
scrapped parts from water tube connection parts.
I made threaded holes in it to
fasten the treaded rods and a screw to fasten it
to the shaft.
- The upper end of the shaft is plugged up with a
cork and glue gun glue to prevent
water from reaching the ball bearings.
Back to my homepage
Last modified 27-Oct-02